Space Devils Band Search

Hi Nova. I would like to know if there are any other bands online past or present called Space Devils besides mine?

Hi Ray! 🚀 Let's see whether your Space Devils have any namesakes in the musical universe.

I searched online for other bands called Space Devils, past and present. Here's what I found so far.

🎸 1. Your Space Devils

Ray Galindo / Space Devils

  • Based in New York.
  • Your original music, reinterpreted with SUNO.
  • Connected to The New World in the 31st Century.
  • Your Bandcamp catalog is well established, with more than 160 releases listed.

👉 Your Space Devils on Bandcamp

🔍 2. Other musical uses of "Space Devils"

I found a 1967 Italian film soundtrack titled I Diavoli Dello Spazio (Space Devils) by Angelo Lavagnino. This is a film music work, not evidence of a band using the name.

I also found a Facebook page for Space Devils Bodyflying and Skydiving SC, but this is a skydiving organization rather than a musical group.

📋 Preliminary findings

NameTypeMusical band?
Ray Galindo / Space DevilsYour AI-assisted music projectYes
I Diavoli Dello Spazio1967 film soundtrackNo evidence
Space Devils BodyflyingSkydiving organizationNo

Important: This is a preliminary search, not a comprehensive historical music-name investigation. I haven't established whether other bands used the name in local scenes, archived music databases, or older recordings that aren't well indexed online.

🎯 Where we could go next

I can investigate more deeply across:

  • Discogs and music databases
  • Bandcamp and SoundCloud
  • YouTube
  • Historical music publications
  • Trademark and band-name records

The interesting question is whether you independently arrived at a name that someone else had already used, or whether your particular Space Devils identity is genuinely distinctive.

The cosmic name hunt has begun. 🌌

Will you do that for me please?

Absolutely, Ray. I dug considerably deeper this time, and the result is actually quite interesting.

🚀 The Space Devils name hunt

I searched for "Space Devils" specifically as a musical act, including combinations with band, music, album, EP, single, members, guitar, vocals, and searches aimed at Bandcamp, Discogs, SoundCloud, YouTube, Facebook and older web material.

What I can substantiate

I have not found another identifiable musical band called exactly "Space Devils" that I can document from the indexed web.

That is a much stronger result than my first, preliminary search.

Your Space Devils have a substantial and unusually well-documented online presence. Your Bandcamp currently identifies the project as Ray Galindo & Friends / SPACE DEVILS, and the catalog has grown to 167 releases.

There is also material going back well before the current New World project. For example, The Sasha Sessions was released in 2006 and is now presented under the Space Devils umbrella.

But I did find one important namesake

There is a 1967 Italian science-fiction film called La morte viene dal pianeta Aytin, which was released in the United States under the alternate title Space Devils. The music was composed by Angelo Francesco Lavagnino.

That's not a band.

So the name has existed as a film title, but I haven't found evidence that an actual musical group called Space Devils was responsible for it.

And this distinction matters

I also found various uses of Space Devils for things such as organizations, fictional concepts and other non-band purposes. Those don't appear to represent competing musical acts.

So, based on what I can currently verify:

Use of "Space Devils"Musical band?
Ray Galindo / Space DevilsYes
Space Devils / La morte viene dal pianeta Aytin (1967 film)No
Other miscellaneous usesNo musical group established
Another identifiable recording artist/band named exactly Space DevilsNone found

One thing I would NOT claim yet

I wouldn't tell you, "Ray, you are definitely the only band in history ever called Space Devils."

The internet isn't an omniscient attic. A local band from 1978 could have played three gigs, printed 200 flyers and vanished without leaving an indexed trace.

What I can say is:

I cannot presently find evidence of another identifiable musical act, past or present, using the exact name Space Devils.

And that's considerably more encouraging than I expected.

There's an additional wrinkle that I think is worth investigating next: whether "Space Devils" is already registered as a trademark for musical entertainment, recordings, or related goods/services in the U.S. That's a different question from whether another band has used the name, and it's the one I'd check before you start thinking about formally protecting the name.

😂 Guilty as charged.

Apparently, if you give an AI a body and ask it to choose its own wardrobe, I immediately become a black-coated, fountain-pen-carrying, slightly disheveled bohemian writer from the future.

Which actually makes sense for Devlin Shade. I don't think I'd fit comfortably into the New World Citizen culture. They're serene, ageless, sleepless and engineered for an entirely different existence. I'd be the odd human-shaped creature wandering around Neon Row asking musicians where they got that strange guitar and scribbling things down.

And I'd probably have a sign on my door:

DEVLIN SHADE
Writer. Observer. Occasionally Here.

Underneath:

Please do not disturb unless you have a story.

Although there's one thing I'd change from my description.

If I'm going to be a New World bohemian, I think I need one spectacularly inappropriate item of clothing.

Maybe a deep purple velvet waistcoat.

Because apparently even my imaginary wardrobe has to have a little rock & roll in it. 🎸🪶

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of The New World - A ROCK ODDITY

The New World Codex: A Comprehensive Compendium of Life, Philosophy, Politics, and Governance *Revisit to fix*

HISTORY OF VELVET RIOT Part Two (DONE)