War Suite

Vietman 

I was too young to understand ...I was too young to know                                                          I was just a little boy and they wouldn't let me go                                                                            I had plastic rifles, helmets and battleships                                                                                        I wanted to be a Viet Man and go to Vietnam

I played soldier with my friends pulled the trigger Bang Bang you're dead                            It was a friendly little game and no blood was ever shed                                                                I watched John Wayne movies, Hogan's Heroes and the Rat Patrol                                          I wanted to be a Viet Man...but they wouldn't let me go

Now there are other little boys who want to fight in a war                                                          They want to go to Ireland and El Salvador                                                                                  They have plastic rifles, helmets and battleships                                                                              They watch John Wayne movies, Hogan's Heroes and the Rat Patrol                                      They want to grow up to be Viet Man...but we won't let them go

They watched all the newsreels and they wish that they could be there                                    They want to grow up and be Viet Man 

Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man                                                                        Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man                                                                      Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man                                                                      Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man

Fresh Air                                                                                                                        They seem to like the green ' round here                                                                        They pass a lot of it around                                                                                                        The color of the battlefields                                                                                                      I can see it all around                                                                                                                Ooh they call it fresh air

They don't like the red 'round here
They spill it all into the ground
It cries out from the battlefields
I can hear it all around                                                                                                          Ooh they call it fresh air

Football
Mister! What are those men doing out there dressed in green?
Are they playing football? Why aren't you playing too?
Mister! Why is that lady crying? Is her dolly sick? I've got a dolly too
Oh Mama, why hasn't daddy been around to tell me Happy Birthday?
Is he playing football?
Can anybody tell me why I can't play with the little kid next door?
I don't even know his name, and why isn't our skin the same?
Mister! Why are the people in that plane throwing all those footballs?
I don't think I like that game...I don't like football!

Over Cocktails
The Eagle and the Bear sipping cocktails in the air                                                              How will they divide the lands, the profit and the shares                                                    Well there's a lot of boys out there with nothing else to do                                                All they do is grow their hair and take up lots of room                                                        Shall we send them on safari to bring us back the game                                                      We'll buy them brand new uniforms just like the good old days                                        They can't complain

I let it go once it won't happen again
I played Mr. Nice Guy and Old Mother Hen
I held it inside, I let it ride Oh oh

Tell me Prime Minister, have you no shame
You're mean and you're dirty, You don't play the game

I looked over Jordan and what did I see
Ten megaton warheads, they're flyin' at me
I will survive I've got my beehive to hide in Oh oh
                                                                                                                                                                    Poor Old Peter Christ  Poor old Peter Christ ... They blame him for the war                                                                      Who is keeping score for Peter Christ                                                                                                  Will they win the war...Who will win the war for Peter Christ 

Our Father, which art in heaven...Hallowed be thy Name.                                                            Thy Kingdom come...Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 

Poor old Peter Christ ... They’re coming for your lost                                                                      Take up thy guns and the Word and the Cross...                                                                            Your sheep will bear the cost 

Give us this day our daily bread                                                                                                Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them that trespass against us   

Who will win the war Who will win the war                                                                                        The cost of war is on poor Peter Christ                                                                                        Who will win the war...Who will win the war No one wins the war but Peter Christ 

 And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil .                                                             Poor old Peter Christ Poor old Peter Christ                                                                               Poor old Peter Poor old Peter Christ 

 For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory for ever and ever                                       Did they win the war for Peter Christ...Amen

Epilogue
There are no more chapters; Our story has been told
No more words were written after we lost control
If you find the index go see what we have done
Refer to the table of contents just for fun
We have reached the epilogue, the summary of it all
It took only one demagogue to blow it all

Refer to the table of contents
You can see that there are no more chapters
No more words were written
Try to find the index
We have reached the epilogue, the summary of it all
It took only one demagogue, to blow it all
It took only one demagogue, to blow it all

I was never a demagogue, but I was always on the ball

Epilogue (After the Extinction)
Words and Music by Ray Galindo 8/14/2024

Comments