Today is a very special day for me. It is a day when I want to thank my family and friends for being so supportive in helping me to accept who and what I really am. Even as a child in my play pen, I had these strange feelings. My grandmother recognized it when I was as young as two years of age. My mother realized it when I was eight. It has been a burden on my life, and it has hindered my growth and happiness. It affected my school attendance since I thought it was a cause for being bullied. I dropped out of high school because I wanted to pursue the lifestyle and I found it difficult to do so in a school environment. Wondering where I am going with this? Well, here it is. Today I am finally free! Today my friends, I am coming out...or in...or whatever it is. I am a blatant and incurable heterosexual! When I was a boy, we didn't have Drag Queen Story Hour at the public library, so I was deprived of the yearning to wear my sister's clothes or my mother's shoes. Consequently, wearing lipstick and rouge never interested me. Instead of wanting to grow up to be Marylin Monroe or Ru Paul, I wanted to grow up to become a baseball player, an astronaut and then a soldier. When I discovered rock and roll at the tender age of ten, I wanted to become a Beatle instead of Judy Garland! I like to wear men's clothing, no make-up or wigs, occasionally grow facial hair or sideburns and, yes, I must confess that I've had multiple relationships with women! I love them still, and I can't get over it. There is no treatment or conversion therapy that can help me!
Music has been my passion for my entire life. I've just finished recording a great album with some wonderful songs and some of the greatest musicians that I know. But that's not important, and I don't want to talk about that. I just want to talk about what is really important to me and to the rest of the world...my heterosexuality. I believe that every heterosexual should know that they are just like everyone else with the same inalienable rights to be comfortable with who they are! Maybe I should go on American Idol and be a comforting voice for everyone who is like me. I must inform the entire world of my triumph!

Comments