Make-Believe


I never dreamed that one day I would find myself no longer a child so innocent

Now I truly understand now that I'm alone in my little world of make-believe


I remember being harshly scolded for something they did once long ago

I felt it quite clearly but I was still alone then in my little world of make-believe


Often they would find me in conversation with my imaginary friend

He could keep a secret he'd never tell a soul in my little world of make-believe


I wished myself a garden where my mind can go to play

A colour-filled childhood playground...I dreamed my life away

Please don't kill my dream it may be all I'll ever have


Often they would find me in conversation with my imaginary friend

He could keep a secret he'd never tell a soul in my little world of make-believe

Comments