Crack, toilet paper, or a lottery ticket?

 

I just returned from the corner store. I am befuddled and dumbfounded. The woman in front of me spent 25.00 on lottery tickets. I told her that if she has nothing better to do with her 25.00, that I could put it to good use. She turned to me, her face beaming and said, "I spent six dollars yesterday and won two dollars, so I didn't lose!" What kind of mush do these people have for brains? They get their welfare checks or work for minimum wage, and then blow it on lottery tickets. I knew a woman in New York who became homeless because of her addiction to lottery tickets. It was pitiful. I remember seeing her on the corner of Bleecker and Thompson  begging for spare change. As soon as she had enough, she would run across the street to the pharmacy and buy a lottery ticket. I will never understand this addiction.

Comments