Viet Man (VIDEO)

I was too young to understand ...I was too young to know

I was just a little boy and they wouldn't let me go 

I had plastic rifles, helmets and battleships 

I wanted to be a Viet Man and go to Vietnam

I played soldier with my friends pulled the trigger Bang Bang you're dead 

It was a friendly little game and no blood was ever shed 

I watched John Wayne movies, Hogan's Heroes and the Rat Patrol 

I wanted to be a Viet Man...but they wouldn't let me go

Now there are other little boys who want to fight in a war 

They want to go to Ireland and El Salvador 

They have plastic rifles, helmets and battleships

They watch John Wayne movies, Hogan's Heroes and the Rat Patrol 

They want to grow up to be Viet Man...but we won't let them go

They watch all the newsreels and they wish that they could be there 

They want to grow up and be Viet Man 

Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man

Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man 

Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man

Viet Man Viet Man I don't wanna be no Viet Man


Comments
Write a comment...

Comments