Antivaxxer in our Midst

 It might interest you to know how I know this. I have been recording with Rew, Anne, Mick and Donald. I invited Marylinn to join us for the first recording session. I brought up the subject about the vaccine. She told me that she is a medical writer, she takes care of herself and she knows her body, so she doesn't need the vaccine. The rest of us were vaxxed, so I felt okay with inviting her for a second session to record, " Baby, I Can't Wait For You To Get Yer Shot!" She sent me an email stating that she would be happy to sing on any other songs but not that one. Our engineer has one lung - an underlying condition, and heart issues, so I didn't invite her back. No one is allowed in the studio unless they have been vaxxed. I included her in a group email about the progress of the sessions. Marylinn responded to me by asking me to remove her from the email list. This tells me that she is hostile towards the vaccine. I know a few people who are hostile when the subject is brought up. It's crazy! Knowing this about her and seeing her posts and pics about her attendance and participation in musical events in NYC and after what happened at Parkside, I started becoming increasingly concerned for my friends who cared enough about others to get their shots. We all know that even if we are vaxxed, we can still infect others. It seems that I am the only one amongst us who knew about this. when I told Anne, she said that she isn't going to invite her to her shows. Sid will be keeping an eye on her at his shows. Donald will be keeping his distance. I am 62 and a smoker. My woman is 70 and very healthy, but she is still 70 - higher risk group. The last thing I want is for Marylinn to breathe on you so you can breathe on Rew, Rew will breathe on me in the studio, and although none of us might get sick, Marylinn by her irresponsibility will kill my woman. Am I over-reacting? Yes! That is the right thing to do.

Comments