Bi-Polar Lover

She was talking incessantly. I felt something was wrong. When she started dancing on the hood of her car and baring her breasts, I knew something was definitely wrong! I tried to calm her down, but she started screaming at me. This attracted the attention of the police. I was very glad to see them; I thought they would help me to get her some help. She was having a manic episode and I wanted to get her into a hospital fast. I was afraid the police would haul her off to jail for lewd and disruptive behavior. I explained to them that she needed medical attention and they asked her some questions. “What’s your name,” “What day is it,” “Who is the President of the United States?” She was able to answer all of the questions correctly, so the police figured she was fine. After they left, she continued with the spectacle. Again, I tried to coax her into letting me take her to the hospital, but this time, she ran.

I managed to corner her in the subway station, and I asked the token booth clerk to call an ambulance. The police came instead. They were different officers this time, and they asked her the same questions. She also told them that I was some crazy man who hadn’t taken his medication and was harassing her. They threatened to arrest me if I didn’t leave her alone. Had she been anyone else, I probably would have heeded their warning. However, she happened to be my girlfriend and we were living together. I had to get her some help.

Comments