The Creature

Don't make me believe that you were made for each other                                                                                                                                                                    

Am F I saw you in the shadow, dancing with the creature, Dm E Her smile was a fracture, a cryptic feature. Am F She's a queen of illusion, pulling strings in the dark, Dm E And you, my friend, are just a pawn in her art.

Am F She walks through the ashes, leaves you in the smoke, Dm E Youre chasing her ghost, but youre bound to choke. Am F Shes the shadow on your mirror, the crack in your sky, Dm E And Im stepping back now, watching you fly too high.

(Chorus) 

I ask

C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes playing with your mind. C G A marionette in silver chains, youre caught in her design. C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes spinning webs of gold, C G And Im fading out of frame before her lies take hold.

(INSTRUMENTAL)

(Chorus)

I ask

C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes twisting your reality. C G Youre dancing in her masquerade, blind to her vanity. C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes the siren in your dream, C G But I wont follow you down where nothings as it seems.

(Bridge)

Dm Am She’s a phantom in velvet, a glittering cage, F Em And you’re falling deeper into her stage. Dm Am I tried to save you, but you love her spell, F Em So I’ll walk away, leave you to her hell.

(Chorus)

I ask

C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes stealing your light. C G A kaleidoscope of madness, pulling you into the night. C G Have you seen the creature? Dm Am Shes writing your last scene, C G  
I cant stay and watch while you give in to the machine.     

Comments