Someone Else’s Dream (A Wake In One Act)

 


Scene: A Wake Characters: The Corpse...6 Pallbearers (Male Chorus)...The Priest...6 Mourners (Female Chorus)...Jesus...John Lennon...The Pope Props: A Coffin,1 Extra Large Bible, Flowers, A Wreath, An R.I.P. Sign Costumes: Corpse: White Tuxedo, White Top Hat, Angel Wings 

Priest :
Pallbearers:
Mourners: The Band: 1 Acoustic & 1 Electric Guitarist, Bassist. Drummer, Pianist, Organist, String Quartet, Brass Section, 1Flute, Conductor


Intro: Church Organ.....C/G.....D/A.....Amin/F.....F/C.....Fmin/G#




C/G D/A Amin/F Fmin/C G#


Corpse: When I die I wanna die a happy guy with a smile on my face and my my hair piled high


F G# F# A#


Pallbearers: ( In the height of fashion with his narrow crooked tie)


C/G D/A Amin/F Fmin/C


I'll get compliments and praise fom strangers and those who couldn't stand me


C C7 F Fmin


A statue may be raised so they may understand me


F G Pallbearers G G# Amin Mourners Bb C7 Bb


But I won't be there (He won't be there)...I'll be in the air (In the air) With a halo 'round my hair


Fmaj7 C D Amin/F Fmin7 C Fmin C


Don't just stand there be a sport have a drink have a snort and get on with your happy lives


C C7 F/A Fmin C Fmin?G# C


Yes,I know you're choked...Cheer up have a smoke I'll see you when your day ar rives


Amin Amin/G#


And when I get to Heaven I'll look up Jesus and John Lennon


Chorus


Maybe I'll find them with The Pope...Passin' 'round some.... love and hope


C / / / Emin / / / Amin / / / Emin/G / G /


What if this was all someone else's dream


C / / / G / / / Amin/F Emin/E G


Am I just a character in some tragi-cosmic scene


C Gmaj7 F Fmin/D


What's the big reward for my life spent in your scheme


C G


Mourners & Priest: "Do you read The Bible?"........ Corpse: They used to ask me


C G


If only just to see how....... I would react to their generosity


C G C Emin Amin Fmin


I didn't want to be too rude...One day at a time I did the best that I could Amin Priest & Pallbearers Amin/G#


If I miss Heaven (If he misses Heaven) and wind up in Hell I'll give you a holler but at who do I yell


Priest & Chorus


I'm sure we'll get what we deserve...(Will we get what we deserve)


C Emin Amin/F Emin/G G/D


Cast: What if this is all someone else's dream


C G/E Amin/F Emin/E G/B


Who are all these characters that decorate my scene


C Gmin F Fmin


Will I walk a highway paved with gold for all I could've been


G Amin


I won't be there (Won't be there)...I'll be everywhere (Everywhere)


G Amin


I won't be there (Won't be there)...I'll be in the air (In the air)


G Amin


(He won't be there) I won't be there...(He'll be everywhere) Everywhere


G Amin Bb


(He won't be there) No I won't be there...(He'll be in the air) With a halo 'round my hair


Bb C Bb C Dmin C Dmin C Fmin C

Comments