Misunderstanding

You gave me your love...you made us a home                                                                                              When I felt lonely...you never left me alone                                                                                                We made mistakes and all was forgiven                                                                                                  That's what it takes if we're to go on livin'

You misunderstood me when I was reelin'                                                                                                       I didn't say it right so there was no healin'                                                                                               What I said didn't get in your head                                                                                                                  I guess it's your fear that you were hearin'

Never will I...Never would I...Never could I ever hurt you                                                                    Never will I...Never would I...Never could I desert you

So many times in this affair of the heart                                                                                                      This time is one time we've gone too far                                                                                              Everyday I cry inside for you                                                                                                                    Wondering if you're doing fine while I'm not there for you

I misunderstood you when you were reeling
You didn't say it right ...still there was no healing
What you said didn't get in my head In my heart fear's head was rearin' It was my tears I was fearin' It was our fear we were hearin'


Lyrics by Ray Galindo & Jerry Williams Music by Ray Galindo

Comments