Dear Dead Delilah

 So you had to get away to the clouds for a while

I saw you chasing rainbows for what seemed like endless miles


So everything was running smoothly when your head began to swell


Along came a good time and it sent you straight to Hell


So it had to be your way and now your mother suffers


Saw your face in the paper you had so much to offer


Everything was running smoothly when your veins began to swell


Along came Sister Morphine and she sent you straight to Hell


Ah what a fool you've been...I told you many times before


And I knew it would turn out this way


Where were you when they passed out the brains


Did you ever get one...did you learn how to use it


Why didn't you listen when I told you the truth


Dear Dead Delilah you know you're gonna lose


Give my regards to the moon for me... and all the little diamonds in the sky


Ah what a fool you've been...didn't you know we'd miss you when you die


Now you're at rest in your million dollar box


You're showing neither worry nor despair


You had to get away you're with the clouds forever


Goodbye goodbye I'll see you when I'm ninety nine

Comments