One At A Time

She tells me (Take out the garbage ... Honey, paint the garage) (There's a hole in the ceiling ... Don't let it get too large) I know it needs fixin' I'll get to it soon One at a time One at a time If I'm gonna get it right I gotta do it all one at a time
{There's a wrinkle in the rug..It's all falling apart!) (Nothing gets done as long as you're in charge) I know it needs fixin' I'll get to it soon One at a time One at a time If I'm gonna get it right I gotta do it all one at a time (You better get it right!) I gotta do it all one at a time
It's a weekend afternoon I'm sittin' here Watchin' my cartoons enjoyin' a beer I work hard all week I wanna relax I got plenty on my mind with the bills and the tax I'll get it all done if she'd just leave me alone I get the pressure at work now I get it at home She asked me once without the constant remind I'll get it done all done One at a time ... One at a time If I'm gonna get it right I gotta do it all one at a time
She tells me, (Baby I need lovin' cuz it's been so long) I say , Baby I been busy fixin' all that's wrong I know you need some lovin' I'll get to you soon One at a time One at a time If I'm gonna get it right I gotta do it all one at a time (You better get it right!) I gotta do it all one at a time
(One at a time One at a time One at a time One at a time) (You better get it right) I gotta do it all one at a time If I'm gonna get this right I gotta do it all one at a time
So I got it all done now it's time for bed I got sawdust up my nose I got a bump on my head I worked hard all weekend now it's back to my desk At least my boss will let me get a little rest I get the job done when he leaves me alone There's no pressure at work like I get at home I'm asked only once without the constant remind I get the job done
(One at a time One at a time One at a time One at a time (You better get it right) I do it all one at a time (One at a time One at a time One at a time One at a time (You better get it right) I gotta do it all one at a time If I'm gonna get this right I gotta do it all one at a time

Comments